MT. VERNON — — Suzanne Patterson, left, a member of the Cedarhurst Clay Club, prepares to decorate her pot with horse hair and sugar at the club's Horse Hair Pottery Kiln Firing event Thursday at the Shrode Art Center. Also pictured are Greg Gibbs, center, and club member Judy Mason, right. The kiln firing coincided with that evening's Thursday Night Live activities at the Cedarhurst Center for the Arts. Thursday Night Live continues this season until Aug. 29.
Mt. Vernon tour and taste
Area residents participated in the Building tour with a taste of Mt.Vernon on Thursday. The evening began with a tour of newly remodeled business that include Williamson Asia, Rare Chop House, Lowery's Irish Pub and Studio B. The Elks Lodge was the last stop of the event where guest could sample food and drinks from several vendors.Continued ...
- Central Christian Church gives back to community
- Summersville school raises money for heart health
- Mt. Vernon tour and taste
Cedarhurst set to host Family Day
- Water rate hike revisited
- Local woman convicted
- Central Christian Church helps serve community
- Cedarhurst set to host Family Day
Cecil H. Daniels, 88, of Mt. Vernon, died 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Nature Trail Health Care Center in Mt. Vernon. He was born Sunday, March 7, 1926, in Jefferson County, the son of William and Anna (Townes) Daniels. He married Tincie LuciContinued ...
- Ethel Rose
- Robert Morris
- Merret Sanders
- Willard Johnson
- Cecil Daniels
Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in triple overtime
Alexander Steen scored at 26 seconds of the third overtime to give the St. Louis Blues a 4-3 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series on Thursday night.Continued ...
- Rams edge Flora
- Rams sweep Salem
- Carmi downs Woodlawn
- Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in triple overtime
Consumer spending on health care jumps as Affordable Care Act takes hold
Nancy Beigel has known since September that she would need hernia surgery. She couldn't afford it on her $11,000 yearly income until she became eligible for Medicaid in January through President Barack Obama's signature health care law.Continued ...
- To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis
- Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps
- Consumer spending on health care jumps as Affordable Care Act takes hold