MT. VERNON — Kindergarteners in Mrs. Karcher’s class acted out scenes from “Stop That Pickle!” by Peter Armour during Bethel Grade School’s Family Reading Night on Wednesday.
Anonymous donation surprises United Way
MT. VERNON — An anonymous $6,455 donation to the United Way Imagination Station reading program came as a huge surprise to staff.Continued ...
Area residents took advantage of the sunny weather to clear out the snow and ice on Tuesday. Many back roads still have some slush and icy patches but conditions have improved greatly from the storm late last week.Continued ...
Toys for Kids
Icy conditions weren't able to slow down the Toys for Kids gift giveaway on Saturday at the Times Square Mall.Continued ...
Accident on Broadway
Mt. Vernon Police Department responded to several vehicle accidents during the weekend as a result of the winter storm that passed through the area Friday.Continued ...
- Snow blankets entire region
- Officials urge residents to stay off roads
- CASA advocate for abused children
- Winter storm watch issued
- Holiday Lunch served
- Christmas lights
- Anonymous donation surprises United Way
District 80 to be audited by the state
District 80 will be audited soon by the Illinois State Board of Education and school officials say the process is normal and not a cause for concern.Continued ...
- Gas leak resolved at First United Methodist Church
- District 80 adopts tax levy
- Granada to host 'Grinch' cartoon
- District 80 to be audited by the state
Cynthia Rettig Tatum, of Pattison, Texas, peacefully passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013, after a brief struggle with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, at the age of 55. Born in St. Louis, to Pat and Jean Rettig, she graduated from Eastern Illinois UnivContinued ...
- Dontes Phipps
- Jackie Phillips
- Bobbie Riddle
- Richard Hopper
- Cynthia Tatum
Viral video: Auburn fan's Christmas light show features Iron Bowl radio call
Auburn fan Robert Burton of Fayetteville, Ga., went all out to combine his holiday decorating with a celebration of the Tigers’ Iron Bowl win over Alabama. His Christmas light display includes a radio call of the final play in one of college football's most dramatic finishes.Continued ...
- Editor stranded in ice storm experiences truest form of humanity
- Old-fashioned trimming for tree isn't as green as you might think
- A 67-year-old caroling tradition
- Viral video: Auburn fan's Christmas light show features Iron Bowl radio call