MT. VERNON — — Visitors coming to Christmas in the Park had wonderful weather to go along with the beautiful displays Saturday night. Hundreds of people drove through the park this weekend to look at the display, sponsored by the Jefferson County Ministerial Alliance.
Health, career fair attracts audience
MT. VERNON — Two local organizations combined their expertise this past weekend to advance healthy lifestyles and provide information on potential health-related careers.Continued ...
- Health, career fair attracts participants
- Hayes leaves fire department
- Health, career fair attracts audience
Healthcare Foundation Ball set for Saturday
Tickets are still available for the 26th annual Healthcare Foundation Ball, which will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday at the Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn.Continued ...
- Ameren offers payment plan
- Health fair attracts audience
- MVTHS eyes redesigned gym
- Healthcare Foundation Ball set for Saturday
Lloyd Pearl Purcell, 88 years and 18 days, of Mt. Vernon, died 8:07 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. He was born Thursday, Feb. 18, 1926, in Jefferson County, the son of Clerance and Nellie (Nelson) PurcellContinued ...
- Tim Cates
- Pauline Chambliss
- Douglas Wiltshire
- Charles Jones
- Lloyd Purcell
First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit
Last month, 4- and 5-year-old brothers in New York quickly spent $65.95 in real money to buy virtual goods in Marvel's Run Jump Splash game on the family tablet. They were able to rack up the charges without entering a password. And for that, the boys' mother has joined a class-action lawsuit filed Tuesday against Google, accusing the company of deceiving consumers about its in-app purchase system, which critics say makes it too easy for kids to spend money on their Android devices.Continued ...
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
- VIDEO: Penguin sweaters save birds trapped in oil spills
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit