MT. VERNON — — Josh Adams of Clinton Electric, gets ready to install a new exit sign at the Granada Center for the Performing Arts, assisted by Granada Board Member David Lister. Clinton Electric has donated six lights along with the installation to the project. According to Lister, Clinton Electric has already installed lights on the stage, which were donated six years ago. “They have also been very helpful in planning how to use the Hometown Heroes Grant we received from Lowe’s,” Lister said. “They help us make sure things are installed properly.”
County Board calls last minute meeting
The Jefferson County Board has called a special meeting for 7:30 p.m. tonight in the county board room of the Jefferson County Courthouse.Continued ...
- MVTHS to hold pre-bid meeting
- Alleged arsonist pleads innocent
- Deer hunting changes released
- County Board calls last minute meeting
Harvey Lovin, 97, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at his home on Tuesday, July 22, 2014.He was born in Opdyke, on Dec. 10, 1916, the son of Henry C. and Emma Gifford Lovin.He lived in St. Louis and in Bluford before serving in the Army as a staff sergeantContinued ...
- Pauline Bohlen
- Purna Saikia
- Bob Sledge
- Lucille Kite
- Harvey Lovin
Root calls award 'humbling'
Webber's baseball team capped the season with several individual honors, and coach Sam Root recently added to the postseason awards list.
Root, who guided the Trojans to the 1A state finals in Peoria this spring, was named the Southern Illinois Baseball Coaches Association 1A Coach of the Year.Continued ...
- Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
- Salem ends Mt. Vernon's season
- Breese shuts down Mt. Vernon
- Root calls award 'humbling'
Has the ipad lost its swag?
The company reported this week that sales of its sleek, pricey tablet were down 19 percent from last quarter and 9 percent year-over-year. CEO Tim Cook tried to reassure investors that Apple's new partnership with IBM to sell its devices to IBM's corporate customers will help make iPads ubiquitous in the workplace. "This isn't something that worries us," he said of the iPad sales decline. But the numbers are disappointing no matter how you spin them.Continued ...
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
- Has the ipad lost its swag?